Divers begin final push to rescue remaining boys, coach in Thailand cave

Emergency workers inside the caves during mission to rescue remaining players and coach from deep inside the flooded Tham Luang complex

Officials have generally waited hours to confirm rescues.

The group were discovered by British divers 10 days later and rescue operations have been accelerated after further monsoon conditions were predicted.

The last five were brought out of the cave on stretchers, one by one over the course of Tuesday, and taken by helicopter to hospital.

Narongsak Osatanakorn, the head of the joint command centre coordinating the operation announced at a press conference on Monday: "We are so happy that today we could rescue another four kids". "It is made of rocket parts & named Wild Boar after kids" soccer team.

The football team named Wild Boars entered the complex cave system after they had entered it on June 23 for the goal of exploration but got stranded after sudden flooding caused by heavy rain blocked the exit.

Also to be brought out on Tuesday were the physician and three Navy SEAL divers who had stayed with the remaining footballers on the Noen Nom Sao ledge where they'd been found stranded.

Families of the first four boys were being kept at a distance because of fears of infection and the boys were initially only allowed to eat a rice-based porridge, authorities said.

All eight boys rescued on the first two days are being treated in an isolation ward in a Chiang Rai hospital.

The boys were exploring the caves on June 23 with their coach when they were trapped inside by heavy seasonal rains, CNN reported.

The first eight boys rescued are in good mental and physical health and are asking for chocolate, officials said Tuesday, although two were on antibiotics after being tested for pneumonia.

Another four were rescued on Monday and the last four boys and the coach were brought out on Tuesday, prompting rounds of spontaneous applause as ambulances and helicopters passed.

He said they would need to keep at least two metres away for their boys for at least 48 hours, until "we are sure there is no infection, then they can visit them normally".

The second group freed on Monday were aged 12 to 14.

Four of the boys were rescued on Sunday in a unsafe operation involving them diving underwater and making a 2-mile journey.

He also tweeted videos of the sub being tested in a swimming pool in California with simulated narrow passages like the cave.

Each of the rescued boys has been guided through the dark winding cave by two pairs of divers.

Related news: