North Korean official says will continue missile tests

Trump defends about-face on labeling China a currency manipulator

"We'll be conducting more missile tests on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis", the BBC quoted Vice Foreign Minister Han Song-Ryol as saying in an interview.

"We didn't receive any request to take the trips off the shelf - the reason was poor sales", Wang Mi, a spokeswoman for the online travel company Tuniu.com, told AFP.

North Korea revealed a special fighting force during a weekend military parade. Its latest missile test on Sunday failed a few seconds after launch. "President Trump has made it clear that the patience of the United States and our allies in this region has run out", Pence said.

"Just in the past two weeks, the world witnessed the strength and resolve of our new president in actions taken in Syria and Afghanistan", Pence said and added, "North Korea would do well not to test his resolve or the strength of the armed forces of the United States in this region".

McMaster cited Trump's recent decision to order missile strikes in Syria after a chemical attack blamed on the Assad government, as a sign that the president "is clearly comfortable making tough decisions". The South Korean military found the first of them in 1978 and another in 1990.

The unannounced visit Monday at the start of his 10-day trip to Asia was a USA show of force that allowed the vice president to gaze at North Korean soldiers from afar and stare directly across a border marked by razor wire.

Trump wrote Sunday on Twitter that China was working with the United States on "the North Korea problem".

North Korea will continue to test missiles, a senior official has told the BBC in Pyongyang, despite worldwide condemnation and growing military tensions with the US.

Appearing with Acting South Korean President Hwang Kyo-Ahn, Pence brought South Korea the message that the US "stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the Republic of Korea, and the service and vigilance of some 37,500 USA soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines on this frontier of freedom stand as a testament to the enduring partnership between our people".

But the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) has always been visited by senior US officials, including former vice president Joe Biden in 2013 and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson last month.

Bash pushed him for clarity on what policy prescriptions would be implemented in replace of strategic patience, asking if military action would be necessary.

Lu said the government in Beijing wants to restart multiparty talks that dissolved in 2009, and pointed out that the Chinese government and the North Korean government have some common interests that could be addressed in such a forum, such as the deployment of U.S. missile defense batteries in South Korea, to which both countries have objected.

He said that an "all-out war" would result if the U.S. took military action.

Korean tensions have escalated following repeated North Korean missile tests and concerns that Pyongyang may soon conduct a sixth nuclear bomb test in defiance of United Nations sanctions.

The U.S. moves an huge warship to the waters off the peninsula in a display of military might. "An abandonment of its nuclear weapons program and its ballistic missile program".

In recent months it has demonstrated signs that it wants to help the worldwide community force North Korea to back down - in February it banned all coal imports from the country and last week deployed 150,000 troops to the border.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang told reporters in Beijing on Monday that the Korean peninsula was "highly sensitive, complicated and high risk" and that all sides should "avoid taking provocative actions that pour oil on the fire".

In Moscow, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, speaking to reporters Monday evening, said he hoped there would be "no unilateral actions like those we saw recently in Syria and that the USA will follow the line that President Trump repeatedly voiced during the election campaign".

Related news: