Where to donate to families impacted by Harrisburg fatal fire

Arrest made in hit & run crash that injured Harrisburg firefighter while responding to fire call

The fire DeVoe was responding to was ruled accidental, and reportedly started by a charging hoverboard. A male and a teenage boy were also taken to hospital where they were treated for smoke inhalation and later released.

Two other children and a firefighter are all still in critical condition following Friday night's blaze in the 2500 block of Lexington Street.

Fire Lieutenant Dennis DeVoe was responding to a call on March 10 when he was struck by another vehicle at an intersection, the Daily Mail reported.

Kendall was charged with aggravated assault by motor vehicle, receiving stolen property, DUI, safe speed, stop sign violation, careless driving, false information, driving without a license, numerous traffic offenses.

Hoverboards, or self-driving scooters, were all the rage during the 2015 holiday shopping season.

The Harrisburg blaze was the first hoverboard fire to be reported as lethal. Retailers around the world ultimately removed hoverboards from store shelves and they were banned on flights. The devices' rechargable lithium-ion cells contain a potentially flammable solution, which can explode if the battery is damaged or defective.

Hoverboards were cited for causing two homes to burn up.

One person died and several more were injured in a fire that destroyed a family house in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The brand of hoverboard in the family's home and if it was one of the boards recalled by the CPSC was either unknown or had not yet been disclosed.

"They heard some sizzling and crackling in the hoverboard and shortly thereafter, it exploded in flames", Harrisburg Fire Chief Brian Enterline said in a statement, adding that hoverboards are "notorious for starting fires".

"I would encourage you, if you love your family", Enterline said.

One of the key questions, Wolfson said, will be to determine whether the hoverboard from Friday's fire was one of roughly 501,000 of the self-balancing scooters recalled by the federal agency a year ago after several models manufactured in China with lithium-ion battery packs were reported to ignite after overheating.

"My granddaughter, I can't replace her", said Mark Hughes, who went to the scene of the fire Saturday and spoke exclusively to FOX43. 'The pain is so deep.

Related news: